Monday, October 31, 2022

Finding The Unicorn Tweak: QSA Power Jitter Adapters


 

If I, as the Tweek Geek, were to describe the perfect tweak it would have the following characteristics:

  1. Reasonably priced for the performance offered
  2. Obvious sonic improvement
  3. Easy implementation (no voiding of warranties, or endangering oneself or ones family)
  4. Invisible, or nearly so
  5. Would not wear out or fail
  6. Could be used over and over again on different products

Enter the oddly named QSA Power Jitter Conditioners. They certainly do not look like anything special. An orange, 3 prong heavy duty power cord adapter that looks to be custom made for QSA. It looks similar to a cheater plug, only much larger, and with the ground plug in place. The male contacts appear to be rhodium plated, and whatever material it is made of appears to be well damped. When I dropped or tapped on it, the mechanical energy appeared to be dissipated by the material.

Putting The Jitter Adapters Into The System

My system, starting with the wall receptacles, is already maxxed out with QSA. I have the Red Black Ultra outlet feeding my power conditioner, which also has QSA outlets installed. Additionally all of my components have Red/Black fuses installed inside. So the bar was set very high ahead of installation of the Jitter Adapters. To begin, I chose two Red/Black adapters to experiment with first. I placed one on my DAC, and one on my Integrated amplifier. It took less than 30 seconds to begin hearing the effects. Immediately the low level details began to emerge. Sonic information that depended heavily on proper phase of the signal began to expand and become more intelligible. Harmonics were more separate, clear, and yet more whole. The soundstage was more cohesive, wider and deeper. sonic effects were appearing behind my listening position with more clarity. All this, from a plug adapter. Yep.

I sat mesmerized, trying to take it all in, but gave in to just simply enjoying the moment as it was unfolding. 

In my nearly 20 years as the Tweek Geek, I simply cannot think of an audio tweak that is easier to use, and has an equal or greater impact on one's system. The Jitter Adapters are the unicorn tweak in my opinion. Starting at $119 each, they are reasonably priced and offer even the most budget oriented audiophile access to a great tweak. Implementing the tweak couldn't be easier. It just plugs in to the male end of the power cord, then the adapter plugs into the wall. Power flows through the Jitter Power Adapter, then through your power cord into your component. It is inexpensive, simple, discreet, will never wear out, and can be used on any two or three prong power cord. This is why I feel it is the best tweak offered today.

My experience and knowledge with these products continues to grow. Please check back often for current information.



No comments:

Post a Comment